Monday, June 14, 2010

Microsoft's Project Natal = Kinect

So Microsoft had their 'pre-game show' if you will today where they announced a bunch about Project Natal. Included was them changing the name of it to Kinect. I'm not sure I really agree with them setting a name, having about a years worth of press, then changing it to something else. Sure it was a code name but I think getting a years worth of press then changing it should have some kind of effect. It's targeted at getting non-gamers into the scene and I'm sure 99% of them have never even heard of Kinect, or even Natal. Anyways they also mentioned a few games:
Kinectimals - Play with 20 different kittens. Lions, tigers and cheetahs oh my... Nintendogs anyone?
Dance Central - So You Think You Can Dance by MTV. For you... dancing types.
Kinect Sports - Bowling, soccer, table tennis, etc. If you've played Wii Sports you get the idea.
Kinect Adventures - A multiplayer river rafting game using your bodies to move the raft. Could be cool, the more the merrier.
Joyride - Racing game where you steer using your hands. Holding an imaginary steering wheel probably looks pretty goofy to other people, but the early demos have looked pretty cool.


I'll be blogging tomorrow as the event is going on about anything I find interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment