Friday, July 2, 2010

Ford GT Unwrapped/Textured

Here's a little storyboard of the progress so far today. I think it's ready to go into XNA so that'll be my next step.
First I separated my model into 'clusters' as the Mod Tool calls them. Basically they're just groups of selected polygons so the unwrap process goes a lot smoother. Once you get everything separated into clusters you can start unwrapping your model. You can see how I separated my clusters in the picture below.

It took awhile to unwrap but it's the first time I've done it in a couple years and the first time ever for Mod Tool. When I was done I found some more tips/suggestions from a tutorial I missed that would've helped a ton... Here is what my final unwrap looked like:
Pretty sloppy but I'm no artist/modeler and this is just a practice run to learn everything. Then I went into Photoshop and worked some magic and this was my final texture.
I know it's pretty awesome so you can ask for tips later. I just wanted to get the hang of unwrapping and texturing with Mod Tool so I know how it works for future reference. Next I'll work on a shader of some sort but I'm not really sure what I'll do. I have a basic understanding of shaders so I'll have to find a tutorial or sample somewhere to get me started. I know the XNA website has plenty of examples so I'll go through some there. Here's a few shots I rendered out from Mod Tool. Everything is default lighting and such so don't expect anything special!

No comments:

Post a Comment