Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Space Swine, VS2010 and more tutorials!

It's been a while since the last post but I've been pretty busy with a wedding this past weekend and we put Space Swine through its first peer review session. A few people commented on some things that we're now changing and there was a loss of control issue so we would've had to pull the game for that reason anyways. On a positive note they seemed to enjoy the humor in the game so that's always good.

I also installed Visual Studio 2010 because I've had it on a disc for a while now but haven't felt the need to install it. I'm still using Windows XP on this laptop so I can't use the Windows Phone 7 dev tools until I upgrade to Vista or 7. The XNA 4.0 beta just came out as well but it doesn't support Xbox 360 development yet so that's another bust. I mainly installed it so I could play around with the new interface and play around with some new stuff like Silverlight until I either move my desktop, which has Windows 7, or upgrade my laptop.

Since we've had some downtime and there's not much to do while Space Swine is readying for release I've wrote a handful of tutorials to share with the world. You can find a list of them on the XNA Tutorials tab at the top of this blog or at our website. They're nothing special but hopefully they help the newer people with some basic things that they'd want to do in their game.

2 comments:

  1. That's the same reason I haven't tried out XNA 4.0: Windows Phone 7 only. I look forward to moving up to Visual Studios 2010 and XNA 4.0, though until they support the xbox, it's not something I can use. VS 2010 looks and works very well, so I'm excited for the time I can make the move. :)

    ~Dustin Tigner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the Xbox support either! I just wanted to get a grip on anything that's changed so the transition is easy. I'm also looking forward to possibly making Windows Phone 7 games but I'm not really sure what I'll do first...

    ReplyDelete