Thursday, July 15, 2010

Xbox 360 HDMI vs Component

Is it worth it to upgrade? I've always used the component cables that came with my 360. I'm sure you get a little quality boost but is it enough to warrant an upgrade? I don't have any experience with HDMI so is there anyone out there with experience/opinions on HDMI vs component? I'd love to hear from people currently using HDMI or even better if you went from HDMI to component so you can sell me on the idea! :)

EDIT: I got pointed to this link on twitter by @theBigDaddio: http://bit.ly/dfhMSA. Basically if you're a movie fanatic and/or you have an HD DVD player you should upgrade. Some shadows are more defined with HDMI but you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference. The component cables can only scale video to 480p so there's another movie fan stat.

Current Xbox 360 HDMI vs component verdict: Go with HDMI if you're a movie fanatic and want to get resolutions higher than 480p.

No comments:

Post a Comment